Friday, March 25, 2011

Monty

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently





Losing my Monty...was the biggest heartbreak I've had to endure in a very, very long time.   Monty came to me in 2003, at the worst time.  I wasn't ready to take care of a dog, I didn't have time to spend with this pitbull with issues...or so I thought.  He changed my life.  I never even saw pitbulls until he showed me what his world was like.

This dog saved my life literally and figuratively and more than one occasion.  He was my rock.  Losing him, so suddenly, so horribly.  Still brings me to tears just thinking of it.  Monty leaving me gave me an opportunity to save another animal.  But honestly, it's not the same.  I miss him so much it hurts.  I think of him every day.  Every morning I wake up and tell him good morning, every night a say a prayer for him.  I hope one day (not anytime soon) I'll be able to see him again.  Crazy wagging tail and sloppy lips and that smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment