Thursday, March 24, 2011

Inspiration and genius--one and the same.

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
1900 –1944

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's Le Petit Prince was one of the first books I ever loved.  My mom gave me this book when I was 5 to help me learn French.  Since then, I've been fascinated with Saint-Exupéry and his life.  His adventures and books inspired me to apply for the Air Force Academy, I remember always wanting to be a pilot...though that's not where my life path took me, the dreams are still there.

Le Petit Prince is one of the reasons I see life the way I do.  I remember being a young girl, torn by my parents' divorce, wondering why my sisters kept fighting, why were my friends being mean... I would read the words Saint-Exupéry wrote : "Ce qui embellit le désert," dit le petit prince, "c'est qu'il cache un puits quelque part." = What makes the desert beautiful," says the little prince, "is that somewhere it hides a well. 

Just keep going.  Fly. Explore. Love.  Fear nothing, and keep following the horizon.

Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment