Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Born a dog. Died a gentleman

I haven't posted in a month, mostly because I had to recover from a most devastating event.  My boy Monty passed away, after 7 years together, he decided it was his time.

Monty came to me 7 years ago, about 3-4 years old already.  He was a stray that I took home and he instantly won me over.  Every decision I've ever made since then, I made with his benefit in mind.  I would never say that he was my child, no... He was my companion, more than that, he was my champion.  Anyone close to me has heard my "pitbulls are the only dog that will die for you out of pure love" speech.  And everyone who knows me has heard me say "Monty has been the only constant being in my life for the past 7 years."

My heart breaks all over again as I remember his last couple weeks.  He was ailing, had a surgery and many different medications.  In the end, his medications were too much for him to take.  But even when he was at his weakest, his tail wagged until the last 5 mins of his life.

I will always remember our time together...

 Monty and Kaiser in 2008.  Kaiser passed away w/Parvo 9 months after this was taken.


 Monty was famous for his mouth...that smile <3


He always let me get in his face with a camera.


Our favorite place was the beach. 


Sleep tight Monty.  I will miss you forever, you're my heart.
born ????
loved 2004-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment