Thursday, January 12, 2012

Til Death?

In February, I have 3 weddings to attend... 3 dresses to squeeze into, and 3 chances to blow it in the wedding photos.  All 3 weddings are going to be so different and unique, I'm really excited.  But it does make me look deeper into relationships...and what about these 3 that just...work... (and why none of these would work for me).  They're all around my age (20-somethings) and as couples, they compliment each other in the best way.  I can't wait until I find someone I have that type of compatibility with (but no, I'm still not sold on the idea of holy matrimony).

The first wedding has 700+ people invited, traditional Catholic ceremony, with a traditional Vietnamese reception.  My cousin and his fiance have been together for over 8 years, so in a few months, there won't be any surprises for the couple.  They are so sweet to each other, and aren't ashamed to be good to each other.  The other day, the bride posted pics of how my cousin had left her "lunch money" in the bathroom cabinet with a note...and a few feet away, another note saying there's some desert in the fridge for her.  So sweet!  I'm wondering if they bride and groom will go to the reception in the traditional Ao Dai (photo below, no, these people aren't my cousins)  I love the traditional look, but the silk is not forgiving on a lumpy body like my own.

What I love about my cousins is that they delight in the childish innocence of love. Both coming from large families with lots of siblings, they don't mind sharing space, "toys" and time.  They are on the same level, both decided school and careers were the priority, and now that they both have stable careers, they've taken that step.  It was wonderful to see them grow from young college students, to adults that are just as in love as the first day...maybe even more so.


Wedding number two, will be an intimate ceremony of 40 people , and just a dinner at a nice restaurant in Laguna Beach, CA.  The plan of the bride and groom after the dinner is to have all their friends that weren't able to attend the wedding, come in a local bar for dancing and drinking.  This couple, I've known for about 4 years, they've been together since college and they have seen some serious ups and downs.  There was a point in their relationship when it actually ended, and they were apart for some months...but when they reunited, I've never seen anything stronger. What I love about this couple is that their wedding fully represents their personalities to a tee.  Intimate. Beautiful. Close. Simple. The bride is nothing like you've seen on that show of Bridezillas, quite the opposite.  Though this is an important day for them, they only care about the fact that they will be finally solidifying their commitment to one another before a small group of close friends and family.  A passion these two share with me, is our love for our pets.  Lexie, their first bulldog (they have 3 now) will be the ring-bearer.  I'm really looking forward to this wedding and  I'm honored to be apart of this celebration.

The venue, is absolutely to die for... (this is why we live in Southern California)



The third and final wedding, are the most unique, and colorful couple I've ever known.  He is a tattoo artist, Hawaiian transplant, laid back, surfer type and 6-7 years younger than his bride.  She is energetic, creative and a wonderfully kind and talented hairstylist from San Diego, CA (with the most adorable taste ever).  They ceremony will be in beautiful San Diego, CA at a lovely resort I've always dreamed of visiting.



 They are such a great couple, I can't even begin to describe their compatibility.  Their commonality is their creativity and their love for each other...but personality-wise...this is truly and "opposites attract" scenario.  I How lovely their ceremony is at a resort, and the reception is at a traditional Asian seafood restaurant!! :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment