Friday, April 15, 2011

Pain motivates me...others' pain...

So, I'm back into MMA training.  Currently, I work with the guys 3x a week, and do yoga and gym on the offsetting days.

As I was at the gym today, after my sparring session...I was watching two ladies work out.  Both Asian, one chubbier, the other skinnier.  The chubby Asian, let's call her "Fluffy" and the skinny one "Screech".  Fluffy is over there doing some leg lifts, and Screech is completely appalled at the gym equipment and it's sanitation.  Apparently both are going through some sort of boot-camp w/my sparring trainer's partner. 

So as I'm warming up, watching Fluffy and Screech out and about...the trainer goes to Fluffy and has her to do some squats.  Now squats aren't my favorite either, but I can do them without a fuss.  Ol' Fluffy over here is turning a shade of pinkish-red that I think I've only sFluffy very aware of where her trainer is at all times, making sure his back is always turned when she's resting.   Screech is doing some ab-work on the floor.  She makes a high pitched squeal that...I've probably only heard on some sort of Predators show on National Geographic, I wasn't aware humans could make that sound. 

Now, I'm no spring chicken, nor am I in my best form.  However... watching these two in what seems to be immense pain and agony, it motivates me to push myself harder...to be better.  I probably had one of the best work-outs of my life thanks to Fluffy and Screech.  I hope to see them again...

No comments:

Post a Comment