Friday, April 22, 2011

Being sick has been quite annoying.  It seems every other week, I'm down with a fever and unable to do anything.  Yesterday, I was in bed all day with a fever that barely broke last night.  Today, I came back to work only to be sent home again.

With me, I've taken all kinds of paperwork with me.  Notes from our retreat, board meeting, lab orders, reimbursements...It's going to be a long Friday.


So now that I'm sick, I'm unable to do my blood tests and my 24-hour urine collection...again.  I want to be fit, and healthy so when the committee reviews the results, there will be no doubt that I am fit for donation.  Nothing hurts me more than putting our lives (mine and my aunt's) in other peoples' hands, and just.... waiting.  I appreciate that they are taking my well-being so seriously, but I feel that my aunt's health should have more priority at the moment.  She will eventually die if she doesn't get this kidney, and I will continue living with a "what-if" that will forever haunt me.

It wasn't until recent years that I've learned how much my family means to me.  Up until recently, there was nothing I would just give my life up for.  Now, I know, I'd suffer a thousand deaths before my family feels pain...well some family members (we can't like them all that much can we?)

If I could wish on a shooting star, find a 4-leaf clover, throw a coin into a wishing well...all I'd ask for on this Earth Day/Good Friday...is by the end of the summer, to be able to donate and save my aunt.



Now listening to: GLEE - Get it Right

No comments:

Post a Comment