Monday, May 21, 2012

To Love Another Person is to See The Face of God

I cannot express in words how excited and thrilled I am for the movie production of Les Miserables coming out December!!!  Not a week goes by where I don't either listen to or sing a song from my favorite musical of all time.  Seriously?? How they got all these amazing singers/actors into one film is beyond me, but I am so giddy.

Cast (from wikapedia)

  • Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean, a Frenchman released from Toulon prison after 19 years of imprisonment for stealing bread and failed attempts for escaping from the prison
  • Russell Crowe as Inspector Javert, a police inspector who releases Valjean on parole, then later dedicates his life to imprisoning him again.
  • Anne Hathaway as Fantine, a struggling factory worker and mother of her illegitimate child, Cosette. She is eventually forced to turn to prostitution.
  • Amanda Seyfried as Cosette, the illegitimate daughter of Fantine who has grown into a beautiful teenager under Valjean's care and falls in love with Marius
  • Eddie Redmayne as Marius Pontmercy, a student revolutionary who is friends with the Thenardiers' daughter, Éponine, but falls in love with Cosette.
  • Samantha Barks as Éponine, the destitute daughter of the Thénardiers who is friends with and secretly pines for Marius. Barks previously played the role at the 25th Anniversary concert and in the West End production from 2010–2011.
  • Sacha Baron Cohen as Thénardier, a common thief who is also an innkeeper. He is also the father of Éponine
  • Helena Bonham Carter as Madame Thénardier, the unscrupulous Innkeeper's wife who, along with her husband, houses and abuses Cosette until Valjean "buys" her from them after Fantine's death. She is also the mother of Éponine
  • Aaron Tveit as Enjolras, the leader of a student revolt and a friend of Marius.
  • Daniel Huttlestone as Gavroche, a streetwise urchin who helps the revolutionaries. He is the abandoned son of the Thénardiers.

Hugh Jackman as Valjean!! I can't imagine a better Valjean, I know he won't disappoint.  Anne Hathaway as Fantine, Samantha Barks as Eponine (a role in which she played often and in the 25th anniversary concert), Russell Crowe as Javert!!  Amanda  I feel like a little girl..."like seriously? this is like...totally happening?!?" Ugh, can not get over my excitement!!! This is a dream cast!

Can't wait to hear Bring Him Home, I Dreamed a Dream, On My Own...love it all

(I know the photo says Summer 2013 but whatever, prisoner 24601 is going to be the best Christmas present for me)



No comments:

Post a Comment