Monday, June 27, 2011

Here's to matrimony, the high sea for which no compass has yet been invented!

Holy matrimony has always been a hard concept to swallow for me.  I personally have a difficult time grasping the institution of marriage, but I do love a good wedding :)

A friend's wedding was a quiet, simple ceremony and reception.  Both lovebirds are teachers, met at school and are now heading back to law school together, making the beautiful UCLA campus the best place to celebrate their public union.  Kerckhoff Hall was the perfect backdrop, with the Hogwarts-esque architecture, gave an air of prestige.  The patio was decorated with red rose petals and the music of Frank Sinatra and Sade filled the air.



Though I'm a cynic and don't foresee a marriage in my future, I love to see two people find love and celebrate their commitment to each other.  Love is the simplest idea, and the most complicated and terrifying emotion.   Weddings are the perfect celebration of life, hope and love.  It's a way for everyone participating to lose themselves with the dream of love and the fantasy of "happily ever after".  I love that.  I love seeing the joy and hope in everyone's eyes, it's lovely celebrate life when the world can be such a dark place.

No comments:

Post a Comment